GUIDE TO PURCHASING TEXTBOOKS
Most program courses require books and supplies. The cost of books and supplies vary by course and program and are all available at the State Tech Bookstore.
Option 1 - Online
- To start, make sure you have a copy of your course schedule.
- Navigate to bookstore.statetechmo.edu.
- Click on the Textbook Lookup menu option.
- For each course on your course schedule, choose the department (first three letter of the course) and course number from the drop down menus. Some departments are difficult to find. See the list below for assistance.
- Once you have added all of your courses, click on View Your Materials.
- You can choose between new and used on some textbooks, then add items you want to purchase to your cart by clicking add to cart.
- Once you have added all items to your cart, click on Continue Checkout
- Click on Payment Options
- Enter your State Tech student email address, then click on I am a returning customer, and my password is:, then enter your Student ID number in the Password field. This is an important step. It allows us to track all purchases in store and online to provide to students for tax purposes. You can check out as a guest, but it is difficult to determine what student the order is for. Remember: Only books for the student may be purchased using their student account.
- Shipment option: In-store pickup – this will allow you to skip the long lines in the bookstore. Grab and Go! All books and tools can only be picked up in-store.
Option 2 - In-store:
- Monday – Friday 8am – 5pm. Bookstore opens early the first week of every semester.
- Bookstore staff will help you locate the books you need.
- Expect longer than normal lines the first couple days of each semester.
Dept Course Prefix